U2 at The Rose Bowl


It was the autumn of 1980 and I was in the Tower Records on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood with some friends. We were browsing the store when I noticed the music playing in the store. The guitar sounded so unique and fresh. I walked over to the counter and asked the guy what album was playing. He told me U2, Boy. I immediately purchased the album.
Back at my friend's house we listened to the album. I told my friends that these guys were going to be big some day. By the third, album, "War", they had to agree.
Since then U2 has become arguably, the world's greatest rock band and yet it took me 29 years to finally see them live. Well, I certainly picked a good time to see them as their show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena last night was a spectacle that rivaled the best concert experiences of my life of 47 years so far.
I won't bother reviewing the concert as there were 96,000 fans and media in attendance that documented the whole thing extensively and can be watched on YouTube for free, but I will say that I was very inspired by the live linkup to the International Space Station and Bono's props to Buzz Aldrin who was there as well.

Comments

Popular Posts