Pete Namlook/FAX +49-69/450464 tribute mix

Here is the Pete Namlook/FAX +49-69/450464 tribute Mixlr program that was broadcast on Dec. 30, 2012. I had some techincal issues at the beginning of the program, so the showreel is not available on Mixlr.com, but you can stream it here.
I first discovered the FAX +49-69/450464 label and Pete's work around 1993 and I began collecting the releases when I could find them. I found most of the discs at the long gone Aron's records in Hollywood.
The only personal contact I had with Pete was a few emails exchanged around the time Sultan was released, but his music was a huge influence on me and many other nascent electronic musicians. I was stunned to hear of his passing last month and wanted to do a show featuring some of the amazing material released by him. The FAX catalog is immense, so this three hour mix barely scratches the surface of it's depth, but I hope you will enjoy it.




PART 1


PART 2

Comments

Popular Posts