Album Profile: Synthetrix I



This was my first attempt at making an album. I started recording it in the fall of 2000 and it was released towards the end of 2001. It was not as long as I would have liked. I would have rather had a couple more original tracks, rather than the two alternate mixes included at the end of the album. All the songs are instrumental and that has been the case with all Synthetrix albums since, although you may hear an occasional vocal sample in some songs. I always felt the "Pier 11" would make a great backing for some sort of stream of consciousness rap.

Tracks:
1 Dormant - The first Synthetrix track.
2 Boss Angeles - Inspired by and dedicated to The Real Don Steele and the Boss Radio format of the 60s.
3 Bad Goat - A song about drag racing and GTOs.
4 AfterBad - A windy parking lot pastiche.
5 Pier 11 - I came up with the melody for this song while riding my bike around the L.A. Harbor.
6 Space Freight - An ambient dub tale of cosmic cargo. This song was also featured on the We Are The Music Makers Vol. 1 compilation.
7 Bitter Days - I recorded this in the weeks following 9/11.
8 Retrans - Inspired by a night in the desert during my time in the Marine Corps.
9 Church Swingers - Sometimes you just need a name. Buldada!
10 Harbor Slide - More sounds from the Heart Of The Harbor.
11 Boss Angeles (The Lost Edit) - This unfinished, alternate mix is included on the album.
12 Dormant (original ambient version) - This is the original, beatless version of the song.


This and my second album were first released on the original MP3.com site as an on-demand CD that could be ordered online was delivered by mail. These copies are extremely rare. Currently, my albums are only being released as digital audio downloads at Bandcamp.
There is also this alternate cover art.

Comments

Popular Posts